The very first among the public purposes stated in BBC’s charter is “to provide impartial news and information to help people understand and engage with the world around them.” Accordingly, the corporation calls itself the purveyor of “impartial and independent” news.
However, its track record tells a very different story.
To put it bluntly, its entire history of news coverage shows it to be little more than a propaganda machine with a propensity for manufacturing facts to further its intended narrative. When it comes to India and Hindus, BBC’s visceral hatred towards both is an established fact, as is its intensely pro-Islamic posture.
There is plenty of evidence to support these claims. We present a few examples of its institutional bias on a variety of subjects here:
- Hindustand Times, 2004: “Hindu leaders representing several leading organisations from all regions of Britain have accused the BBC of having failed British Hindus and thereby has lost its credibility. The allegations were made after the BBC’s coverage of claims made by Awaaz, a London-base network, that a Hindu charity had collected funds for the Gujarat earthquake and diverted them to radical organisations.”
- Independent (UK-based eNews platform), 2008: “As early as 2008, Hindu and Sikh leaders accused the British Broadcasting Corporation of pandering to Britain’s Muslim community by making a disproportionate number of programs on Islam at the expense of covering other Asian religions.”
- Jihad Watch, 2009: “Don Maclean ( former host of Good Morning Sunday for 16 years) said ‘They’re keen on Islam, they’re keen on programmes that attack the Christian church’.
- The Liberty Phile, 2011: “Christians are “fair game” for insults at the BBC whilst Muslims must not be offended, one of the broadcaster’s former news anchors (Peter Sisson) has warned.”
- Biased BBC (A website dedicated to exposing BBC’s systemic biased broadcast), 2012: ”BBC loves a friendly Muslim though…..it attempts to slip in as many as possible into the mix in its programmes.”
- The Voice for Justice UK, 2016 (Writing about the head of BBC’s religious programming, Aaqil Ahmed, a Muslim): “It’s scandalous that someone displaying such clear pro-Islamic bias and contempt for Christianity should be BBC’s Head of Religion and Ethics.”
- TFI Post, 2018: “The BBC Hindi has come up with a despicable cartoon on the entire “Smash Brahmanical Patriarchy” row.” 
- OpIndia, 2019: “Handpicks anti-India views in its recent Kashmir segment, deliberately leaves out pro-India interview.”
- BBC News, 2019: “A Hindu mob tore down the 16th Century Babri mosque in Ayodhya in 1992, triggering riots in many parts of India. Many Hindus believed that the mosque stood at the exact spot where their deity, Lord Ram, was born and wanted to build a temple there. On Saturday, the Supreme Court acceded to their wishes and ruled that Muslims would get another plot of land to construct a mosque.”
- Jihad Watch, 2019: “…the (Iraqi) Christian population dropped from 1.5 million before the 2003 U.S. invasion to less than 120,000. Yet it (BBC) refused to admit the ultimate cause — the pro-Islamic movement to impose the sharia — let alone that such a demographic drop was still not enough to be classified as genocide by the BBC.”
- Biased BBC (A website dedicated to exposing BBC’s systemic biased broadcast), 2019: “Western culture is often derided…Islam is the answer to everything…No mention of terrorism, rapes, crime, drugs, anti-Semitism, or any other difficulties arising from Somali immigration. Just out and out propaganda published by an extremist left-wing organisation and given prominent ‘top billing’ in the BBC Magazine.”
- The Sun, 2019: “Lord Singh of Wimbledon left his role on the BBC Radio Four slot after 35 years as he accused programme chiefs of censoring one of his broadcasts about an executed Sikh guru. (He) blasted the Beeb (BBC) for “prejudice and intolerance” after he was told the broadcast may have offended Muslims.”
- OpIndia, 2019: ”As part of its policy to keep India on the defensive, BBC was trying its best to defame Indian security forces in the (Kashmir) valley. Visuals of heavily armed soldiers driving through deserted city streets were shown to reinforce the argument of Indian Armed Forces’ repression of the Kashmiri people. Later, some sharp viewers pointed out that the pictures were taken from the conflict in Chechnya and passed off as those from Kashmir.”
- North Catholic Register, 2020: “Catholic Archbishop Bashar Warda of Erbil in northern Iraq…accused the BBC of overlooking the plight of persecuted Christians and other religious minorities. He said the omissions, especially as the U.S. government had declared the persecuted minorities to be victims of genocide by the Islamic State, was “both wounding and damaging.”
- OpIndia, 2021: “BBC, with history of anti-Hindu bias, attempts to take Hinduism out of Holi and Islamise the festival of colours”
- The Atheist Conservative: “The shock to “Auntie” (as Brits call the BBC) came when Jack Straw, former Shadow Deputy Prime Minister, remarked recently that “Pakistani heritage” men targeted white girls for sexual abuse. “Auntie” set out to prove that Straw was wrong, and to her consternation and distress found that he was right.”
- Z-News, 2022: “…a statement by the (British Hindu) organisers said: `The BBC’s coverage of the violent attacks on Leicester Hindus by Islamists was the worst reporting seen so far and has contributed to the concealment of an attempt to ethnically cleanse Leicester of Hindus.”
- The Times of India, 2023: “BBC was so “desperate” for money that it had received funds from Chinese state-linked company Huawei and was now actively pursuing Beijing’s agenda.”
Need we say more?
- ‘British Hindus have lost faith in BBC’ | Latest News India – Hindustan Times
- Sikhs and Hindus accuse BBC of pro-Muslim bias | The Independent | The Independent
- The BBC supports Islam and attacks Christianity (jihadwatch.org)
- The LibertyPhile: Former BBC Presenter: “Islam Could Not be Offended at Any Price, Christians Fair Game”…
- pro Islam – Biased BBC
- Christians Petition BBC Over Pro-Islamic Bias | CBN News
- After Twitter, BBC too indulges in anti-Brahmin propaganda (tfipost.com)
- BBC propaganda: Handpicks anti-India views in its recent Kashmir segment, deliberately leaves out pro-India interview (opindia.com)
- Ayodhya verdict: The man who helped Lord Ram win – BBC News
- BBC admits, Christian persecution ‘at near genocide levels’ (jihadwatch.org)
- The BBC’s Pro-Muslim Immigration Propaganda – Biased BBC
- Sikh peer quits BBC after his address censored ‘in case it offended Muslims’ | The Sun
- BBC’s undisguised anti-India bias: From the Leslee Udwin documentary on Nirbhaya to Top Gear and more (opindia.com)
- Archbishop Warda and Iraq’s Christians Denounce BBC Documentary for Omissions| National Catholic Register (ncregister.com)
- BBC tries to Islamise ‘Holi’ and take Hinduism out of the festival of colours (opindia.com)
- The Atheist Conservative: » BBC pro-Islam bias
- ‘BBC’s anti-Hindu and anti-India bias must end’: Hindus to launch MASSIVE PROTESTS in London | India News | Zee News
- PM Modi bbc documentary row: BBC taking money from Chinese firm Huawei in cash-for propaganda deal says Jethmalani | India News – Times of India (indiatimes.com)