LA Times, like much of the Western media, has been pushing a Hinduphobic narrative for the past several years. Geeta Sikand, a voice of the Hindu community in the Los Angeles area, has written 17 letters to the editor over the last two years objecting to some of the most outrageous anti-Hindu articles that appeared in the LA Times. Not a single one of them has been acknowledged, let alone published!
On the other hand, this newspaper has no problem publishing this author’s material when the subject matter is other than calling out Hinduphobic content in the paper. See, for instance, [1-5]
Professionally, Geeta Sikand, the author of this article, is a nutrition expert and has written many articles on the subject. It is worth noting that while the LA Times has completely ignored her letters calling out the paper’s frequent Hinduphobic content, it has published a number of her letters and articles related to her field. A brief list of her articles published in the lA Times follows:
- Sikand G. “Climate Change Series” on environmental and nutritional viability of cutting back on meat consumption. Opinion Letters to Los Angeles Times on Published September 21, 2019. https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2019-09-19/letters-to-the-editor-one-benefit-of-climate-change-proving-gop-dishonesty
- Sikand G. “A soda tax won’t get kids moving.” Letter to the Los Angeles Times March 1 2019. https://enewspaper.latimes.com/desktop/latimes/default.aspx?pubid=50435180-e58e-48b5-8e0c-236bf740270e&edid=582173a7-9ec5-4153-a5c5-90a04f4c3212&pnum=4
- Sikand G. “High Insulin High Carb Diets.” Letter to Los Angeles Times February 2nd, 2018. Page A10. Circulation: 2 million. http://www.latimes.com/opinion/readersreact/la-ol-le-diet-carbohydrates-protein-fat-20180202-story.html
- Sikand, G. “Transit is about time, money” Letters to Los Angeles Times Sept 27, 2007. Page M3. Circulation: 1.4 million.
- Sikand, G. “Nutrition therapy can be a cheaper cure”. Op Ed Piece: LA Times: Orange County Voices, April 20, 1997. Circulation 1.4 million