- Studies estimate that 15% of the total Islamic population of 1.2 to 1.5 billion people are potential terrorists, equating to a minimum of 180 million potential jihadists and a maximum of 225 million.
- The data further suggests that only about 1.8 million of these potential jihadists were actively engaged in terrorism at this time.
- The percentage of Muslims with radical tendencies is growing rapidly due to factors like OPEC funding and clerical indoctrination.
- Pakistan has emerged as a significant contributor to Islamic terrorism.
- The history of Natzism in the last century suggests that even a small percentage of radicalized individuals can lead to significant social and political consequences.
The National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC) is an arm of the US Government responsible for collating and analyzing information pertaining to international terrorist organizations. According to their website, “Currently, these threats come from violent extremists inspired by the Islamic State in the Levant (ISIL) and al-Qa’ida, including its allies and affiliates,” a statement fully supported with data. Indeed, of the 68 international terrorist organizations on their watchlist, nearly 90% are Islamic, the rest being predominantly of the Leftist/Marxist variety.
NCTC takes great pains to point out that terrorist acts are committed by followers of a radical vision of Islam and that not all Muslims believe in such ideology. Notwithstanding the political doublespeak, NCTC’s message is crystal clear: While not all Muslims are terrorists, an overwhelming majority of the terrorists are of Islamic persuasion.
Radical Islam – How Big is it?
The organized campaign of misdirected libels against the Hindu society only serves to desensitize people against the real source of global violence today, i.e., Radical Islam. Indeed, we should be asking ourselves such questions as:
How many Muslims are active terrorists?
How many harbor terrorist tendencies?
How much support is there in the global Muslim population for terrorism as a legitimate political tool?
A 2006 article published by the Middle East Forum attempts to answer these questions. The reader should consult the source to understand the methodology used by the author, but the conclusions from this article should raise alarm bells – not only in the global intelligence community but also in society at large. We share a few of the relevant excerpts, reproduced verbatim, from this article here:
- Opinion polls taken by the British Government reveal that 70% of Iraqis think killing Americans is justified.”
- Polls taken in Pakistan reveal that 70% of Pakistanis view the world’s most famous Islamic terrorist very favorably. In fact, Osama has become the most popular name for boys in the region.
- 15% of the total Islamic population of 1.2 to 1.5 billion people has the potential to be a terrorist should the opportunity arise. That equates to a minimum of 180 million potential jihadists and a maximum of 225 million [Italics added].
- When it comes to actual jihadists, to those who have or will commit an act of terrorism in Allah’s name, my research suggests that they represent no more than one in one hundred of the 180 million young fundamentalist Muslim men prepared mentally, morally, and spiritually to be terrorists. That means that there are 1.8 million actual Islamic jihadists on the planet today – a number which could jump one hundred-fold almost instantaneously should the opportunity arise [Italics added].
- While only 15% of Muslims are potential jihadists today, that percentage is growing rapidly. Thanks to OPEC funding and clerical indoctrination, the Islamic world is becoming increasingly fundamentalist.
The most significant contributor to Islamic terrorism is Pakistan, where the dictatorial government of General Musharraf [subsequently deposed – ed.] is Salafist. Pakistan’s mosques and madrassas have manufactured more actual terrorists than Saudi Arabia. They are responsible for the Taliban – the fundamentalist regime associated with al-Qaeda. Taliban chief Mullah Omar was educated in the Binori Mosque Madrassa in Karachi. The head of Pakistan’s ISI intelligence service, Lt. General Mahmoud Ahmad, not only provided the funds, arms, and direction to the Taliban, he and they provided direct wire transfers to Muhammad Atta, the 9/11 ringleader, immediately before he murdered 3,000 Americans. Pakistan is the home of Ramzi Yousef and Khalid Shaikh Muhammad, the men many believe conceived the first and second World Trade Center bombings.
We close with the following words of caution from the author of this article:
“Before you get a warm and cozy feeling, thinking that only 60% of Muslims are sufficiently indoctrinated in fundamentalist Islam to be a terrorist should the opportunity arise, and that only 25% of those Muslims are the appropriate age and sex to actually engage in jihad, let’s consider some recent historical events. In 1917, less than 3% of Russians were Communists. Yet since that 3% was sufficiently corrupted by an immoral and ruthless religion (Socialist Secular Humanism), they quickly came to oppress the entire nation – murdering 30 million Russians in the process. In 1924, less than 3% of Germans were Nazis. And yet since that 3% was sufficiently corrupted by Hitler’s “People’s Religion” as it was immorally and ruthlessly laid out in Mein Kampf, that 3% came to oppress the entire nation and led the world into a war that killed 50 million people.”